Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Definitely a Girl

A few people have asked us recently, "So is Goldilocks going to be a tomboy? I mean, she is boy-trapped, and all her sisters are so much older..." and other questions of that nature. It is a reasonable notation, I'll admit. But see, they don't live with her. If they did, I can assure you that no such questions would enter their minds.

So I thought I'd answer that question here. And, since actions speak louder than words, I'll give an action.

This evening SquiRe asked her to play soldier with him, and she agreed. Soon guns were firing, both from enemy lines and "guguy" sides. (I know, I know, sounds pretty boyish to you? Just keep reading.) Suddenly, the unthinkable happened. Amidst the blood, sweat and tears of war...Goldi's shiny pink purse (you know--her favorite, the one with the bow and silk flower?) snapped open! And not only that, but the carefully placed knick-knacks inside poured out! A shrill scream sounded from the front lines (yes, that was Goldilocks' scream). When the shriek subsided, several yells "STOP! STOP" and many more calls for help rang in the ears of innocent, chore-doing bystanders (*cough* me *cough*). As soon as the insides which fell were placed properly back inside, Goldi took a deep breath and sat down, wiping her forehead in exhaustion. I'm sure if she knew how, she would've been saying "That was close."

Believe you me, there are several other instances I could give you to prove her girly-ness. Like the time she spent nearly fifteen minutes searching through drawers looking for nail polish. Or the time she couldn't decide which shoes to wear. Oh, and don't forget the dress. Shall I go on? Well, I think you get the picture.

And while I'm posting, I figure I should give you some updates on Jack. He's doing great! Eating well, getting plenty of sleep. He wakes up about three times a night...not sure if that's good for a newborn or not, but it sounds okay to me.

Here's some pics.
Isn't he cute?
That one ^ is my favorite. His face is so funny!

~SAM

3 comments:

Nightingale said...

Thanks for the update, Sam.......I was wondering how little Jack was doing! He is so precious. I am so happy for your family!

Blessings,
Courtney

Mikala B. Heykoop said...

Thanks for posting, Sam, but it was nice to be able to see him in person! :-)

Rachel said...

What cute pictures - he is adorable!! And it sounds like Goldilocks is most definitely a girl. :)

Love,
Rachel