Two posts in a row? One could almost think we were consistent bloggers or something! ;P
Sarah of Sarah, Plain & Average was kind enough to nominate Sam and I for two "blog awards." Thank-you, Sarah! (^_^)
You might remember an eldest sister who once upon a time contributed posts to this blog? That would be me. Because Sam has been doing most (read: all) of the posting, I volunteered to answer the award questions. First set of questions, the Liebster Award:
The Rules:
1. link to the blog that nominated you for the award.
2. you must follow the blog that nominated you.
3. answer the questions given to you.
4. create eleven questions for the bloggers you've nominated to answer.
Ahem. We are such a little blog and I am such a little person, I've opted to ignore a few of the rules. Rather than nominating eleven bloggers, I would like to invite any and all readers who would like to participate. Consider yourself officially nominated! We'd love to hear your answers. I will list our questions for you at the end of the post.
Sarah's questions for the Liebster Award:
![]() |
| what's the story, wishbone? |
1. Where were you born?
I was born in the same city that I live in today.
2. If you could meet any ONE fictional character, whether from a book or movie, who would it be?
Ooh, that is cruel. It would have to be the Doctor of Doctor Who (who can travel through all of space and time) or Meggie Folchart of Inkheart (who can read herself into stories), that way I could meet fantastic characters to my heart's content. ;) I would say Wishbone, a fellow book aficionado, but I don't think he can actually talk.
3. Do you prefer coffee or hot tea?
I like iced tea and coffee drinks, light on the coffee. I have a pronounced sweet tooth when it comes to beverages.
4. If you had (or do have) an abundance of money, what is your ideal dream vacation?
If I had an abundance of money I would take my family to Disney Land, though any vacation with my family would be fun!
5. If you could travel to any time period (Medieval era, western 1800s, 1950's, etc), where would you go?
I'm happy living where I am, but for a visit I would travel to Israel when Jesus walked the earth. That would certainly change my life.
6. Medieval or Futuristic?
The future sometimes looks bleak but the European Middle Ages definitely were... Probably medieval. Or futuristic. I'm not sure. ;D
7. Would you rather travel cross country in a plane or car?
Car. I'm not a big one for sight-seeing, exploring little towns and what-not, but I do like to take it slow and I like the control that comes with driving your own car.
![]() |
| rosie cotton, a hobbit woman |
Dwarves are out, I don't like caves or beards! Elves are beautiful, wise and ancient... but I like food. Simple living, cozy home, six meals a day if you can get them... yes, I would definitely be a Hobbit. :)
9. Do you prefer to play a musical instrument or simply listen?
Listen. I can't play but I love to listen.
10. Who is your best friend? (This isn't a test, it could be (me!) a sister, Pippin, or a pet--which, if this is the case, you seriously need to get out in the world more.)
My family are my best friends. I thank God for you guys. (You're super duper too, Sarah ;) )
11. What is your favorite TV show?
Teen Titans (go!) Dad and we three girls watched a lot of superhero cartoons together when we were younger, so while this is not a recommendation, there are a lot of fond memories attached the show for me. :)
----------------------------------
And secondly, the Sunflower Award:
Rules:
1. share 11 facts about yourself.
2. answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
3. nominate 11 bloggers.
4. set 11 questions for the nominated bloggers.
![]() |
| an irish claddagh |
11 facts about me:
1. Books, books, books. Enough said.
2. I am overly fond of Doritos, Dr. Pepper and Oreos.
3. I like fantasy and speculative fiction.
4. My family is totally awesome.
5. I'm trying to write a novel. (Emphasis on trying.)
6. I like sad music.
7. I wear an Irish Claddagh given to me by parents as a purity ring and I really, really love it. The hands on the ring represent friendship, the crown represents loyalty, and the heart represents love. The way a claddagh is worn can be used to indicate whether your heart is "captured" or "free." It's very cool. ;)
![]() |
| stitch- also cute and fluffy :) |
9. I am introverted and shy, which are not the same thing.
10. I adore the stuffed Stitch my sisters gave me on my 18th birthday.
11. There is a part of me that is always happy when it rains.
Here are Sarah's questions. Since this is a combination of two awards, she only asked five more questions.
1. What color are your eyes?
My eyes are brown to match my hair. :)
2. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
I like movies but if I had to choose, the book would win.
3. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
Belle of Beauty and the Beast was always my favorite growing up. She's smart, brave and loves books.
4. If given the choice, would you rather write a letter or talk on the phone? One or the other, texting is not a choice in this question. :]
Pen and paper letter writing stresses me to no end but if that letter can be an email I would rather write than talk.
5. If you could do something drastically awesome, and wouldn't have to worry about being judged by others, what would it be? (i.e. get a haircut you normally wouldn't choose, buy an expensive something you've wanted all your life, etc.)
Drastically awesome... hmm. I would most worry about what I would think, nervous worry-wart that I am, but I would either learn krav maga, dye some of my hair red, or buy a motorcycle. :) Or maybe just publish a novel.
----------------------------------
If you would like to participate in either of these awards, the Liebster Award or the Sunflower Award, below are eleven questions for you to answer:
1. If you were a superhero, what would your super power be (based on your personality, skills or interests) and what would you call yourself?
2. Which Winnie-the-Pooh character do you most resemble or relate to?
3. What is your favorite possession?
4. What is the first book you can remember reading on your own?
5. Do you like to cook? If so, what is your favorite dish to prepare?
6. What new thing are you learning now?
7. What is a vice that you struggle with?
8. What virtue do you most aspire to?
9. Have you ever shared the Gospel with a friend or stranger?
10. If you had the opportunity to sit down with the writer of any book or publication, who would you talk to and what would you talk about?
11. What was the last Bible verse or passage that you read? Why were you reading it?
Remember not to ignore the rules. Ignoring rules is not acceptable.
The Rules:
1. (Liebster Award) Answer the eleven questions given to you.
(Sunflower Award) Share eleven facts about yourself and answer the eleven questions given to you.
3. Create eleven questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
2. Nominate eleven bloggers and let them know that you've done so.
----------------------------------
Whew. I hope I didn't bore your socks off with this post. Please let us know in the comments section if you choose to participate in either of the awards! :)
Risa









1 comment:
Haha! Oh, how did I miss this?? Great job, Risa! So glad you did it!
Much love,
Sari <3
Post a Comment