Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

So now everyone is talking about getting a "fresh start" tomorrow, making New Years resolutions, things to do next year, and celebration planning.
What about 2010?
That year is very close to being over. How about making a fresh ending? Really, I don't like to make New Years resolutions but if you did...did you keep them? How about a Year End resolution...
Something like:
On this last day, I resolve to help at least one person.
I resolve to pray for all the people I've come in contact with this last year (obviously not all by name!)
I resolve to spread joy...somehow...
I resolve to play at least one prank (not nescesary, but it'll help you go out with a bang ;-])
I resolve to fill-in-the-blank.

So think about it. And try to do something good to end the year with. Then you can puzzle about next year ;-).
And whether you make a resolution or not, please remember all those who went without someone this year. Went without a father, a son, a brother, wife, mother, daughter,  husband. This year...and maybe for every year. For every hero we have out there, there is a hero at home, trying to keep together an imcomplete family.

SAM

No comments: