Friday, January 15, 2010

Music

Aha! Finally Momo posts. I believe I find it hardest of all to find something to post about. Even if I find something to post about, I never can post it right. It sounds weird and takes a long time until I've written it in a way that sounds alright.

I thought of something to post about but I didn't know what to write. "There was good music" and "We had fun" was about all I could think of until I asked Mom for advice. When in doubt ask Mom. Moms have larger, busier brains than anyone else's in the world. (My theory anyway!) She told me to write a compare and contrast essay.

What?!? This is a blog? Not a place to do homework! But you have a Mom and you have a teacher; combine the two (if not already combined) and bah-da-bing this is the type of answer you get from her! Moms (especially homeschooling moms) are women who don't just say "Charismatic means someone has charm and influence" they say "You want to know what it means? Well you should look it up in the dictionary." Or if you say "Mom, what else did John Bunyan do?" moms don't say "He wrote a couple other books and was a preacher." No, moms say "Here this is a book that is about him and I can also show you a website that talks about him." But that's another blog post, right?

I am not going to write a compare and contrast essay but I am going to write a blog post in similar form.

Recently we went to a News Boys concert and a Maxwell Family concert. Some things about them were the same and some things were different.



DIFFERENT:

The Newsboys called it a concert, the Maxwell family said it was not a concert but called it a time for encouragement.

Newsboys play contemporary Christian music, Maxwell family plays bluegrass.

Newsboys concert was outside, Maxwell family's music was played inside.

Newsboys had other bands play first, the Maxwell family were the only ones who played.

Newsboys asked those who had just accepted Christ to come forward, Maxwell Family didn't.

Newsboys are not related to one another, Maxwell Family. . . . Do I have to finish that sentence?

Newsboys ended very late, Maxwell Family ended only a little late.

Only one of the Newsboys gave a testimony, 7 of the Maxwell's gave their testimonies.

Newsboys played familiar songs, Maxwell family played some songs I'd never heard.


SAME:

I sang along to both of them.

I was uplifted by both of them.

They were both in the evening.

Only half of the family went to them.

I clapped to the music during both of the concerts.

The music played was Christian.

They were both on a Saturday.



I personally preferred the hymns that were played by the Maxwell Family but I was glad that the Lord allowed me to go to both of them.

~Momo

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Somehow I managed to miss this one! I enjoyed reading another of your posts, Momo, and found your comparison interesting. I've only been to one concert in my life, and that was by Steve Green. I really enjoyed it, but I also love going on vacations and atending homeschool conferences, so I don't mind saving the money for those things.

What you said about Moms (and especially homeschooling Moms) was funny! But true as well. I am so thankful for what God has given me!

~Michelle~