Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Now I know how Washington felt when Napoleon beat him at Pearl Harbor."

We had a great time at the Revolutionary War re-enactment and learned a lot more than the quote-title suggests! Most of the costumed volunteers/re-enactors were very helpful and informative.

I tried getting pictures of all our friends in costume, but we missed a couple. : {

I'll commentate as we go along, per usuality.

General Washington (far right) and some of his men

This guy was so nice and helpful!

The man on the left is a former dance teacher.

The men in white uniforms got it lucky! It was really hot outside, and all the soldiers in those thick, dark, layered uniforms were sweating profusely. Poor guys XD.

Two of our 7 or 8 friends who re-enacted that day!

The British/loyalist soldiers listened very considerately to General Washington's inspiring speech XD. 2 more friends featured here.

Not sure what happened to this picture...guess it uploaded wrong. A friend from church.

At one point they let the children charge the British soldiers, and everyone had a great time...

...well, everyone but the soldiers who had to play dead. Some of those kids were brutal, ha-ha!

Another friend from church in there somewhere.

 
Overall, it was a very educational and fun experience, and we look forward to attending the BIG re-enactment in a neighboring city next month (that one will be mostly Civil War) where we'll be seeing a lot of these same friends re-enact!

 
And here's one just for fun from around the house.
 
Sam

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great pictures! I love this kind of stuff ^__^ Thanks for sharing!!

Bethany Fast said...

How neat! I love all the pictures!
I have very fond memories of going to a Civil War reenactment in Phoenix with my family. It was a blast!
I'm glad you all were able to enjoy it!