"More than half the pleasure of going is in the return, as any traveler knows. To go, to see the far place, the place beyond the horizon, is exciting; but to return is satysfying as few other things can ever be. To know after absence the familiar street and road and village and house is to know again the satisfaction of home. ...And that is the final satisfaction of a trip, whether it is a vacation or just a journey - the return itself. The homecoming. The trip back, and the home at the end. To go is good but to come back is best." -Hal Borland
Some of you know (and others do not ) that I had the opprotunity to be a "nanny" for a family and was out of town for four days. The trip was good, but in the words of Hal Borland, "but to come back is best."
I went with a fun, Christian family to a homeschool conference, to help watch their four children. Nick-named by the mom, Big-Big, Big-Middle, Little-Middle, and Little-Little. I though it was cute too! And if you wonder what they will do if they get five the mama has kindly commented informing
| Big-Middle, Little-Middle and I were running through the water. |
| These are the two big slides that were at the resort we stayed at. |
| A picture of yours truly going down the slide. Courtesy of my employer, a.k.a. the mom who's kids I watched. |
| Form left to right: Little-Middle, Big-Big, Myself, and Big-Middle |
| Big-Big, Big-Middle, Little-Middle, Myself |
Prayer for Today - by Hilda Butler Farr
I only ask
That home shall be
A place where loved ones
Come to rest;
Where peace abides
And faith exists
Somehow because
I did my best.
Tomorrow -
It may never come -
And consequently I do pray
That I may have
Enough strength
To serve the ones
I love today.
2 comments:
Just a quick clarification...they are Big-Big, Big-Middle, Little-Middle, and Little-Little! AND should we be blessed with five...kids have already determined it will be
Big-Big, Big-Middle, Middle-Middle, Little-Middle, and Little-Little! As for if there are six, we' ll cross that bridge when we get there! Thanks for the post. cute pics! We enjoyed you thoroughly.
Oh, *blushing smile* yes, thank you for clarifying. =) So sorry to have messed that up! ;)
Post a Comment