Just a week ago our family celebrated Dad's birthday. A cause for much celebration to be sure!
Our dad is half a hundred (plus)! And certainly filled with more wisdom than I know of! Though I have discovered much understanding from him, and he continues to share his insight so that we may (eventually) learn.
We bought him a new pair of boots. I don't know when the last time he had cowboy boots was, but he has been wanting a pair of boots, so we are very glad to have been able to find a pair that he likes.
Our dad reads to us from God's precious Word daily. And instructs us and reminds us of the commands in the Word at every opportunity.
Dad is gentle and loving to all of us. He is (though imperfect) a beautiful picture of who our Father in heaven is- caring, forgiving, love.
Dad takes the time to do what we like. He tries to be interested in what we are interested in, and ignores his hobbies so that he can give us his time.
He is such a joy and always seeks to give of himself before anyone else. I know he had a good father's day, and birthday. I pray that the next are even better.
| This is a CUTE picture, isn't it? |
Jack likes to stir Dad's cup of coffee each morning. Dad willingly cleans up his splashed coffee from the table and allows Jack to merrily stir, stir, stir.
I have yet to meet a Dad like him, and doubt anyone could be a better father.
We love you so much Dad!
1 comment:
What a sweet post....I love that picture of Joseph and your dad! That's so cute that he stirs your dad's coffee every morning. :-)
Post a Comment