Friday, May 04, 2012

As You Wish

Hello All!
      Isn't it nice to be settling in? Why, yes! Rather!
      We as a family have gone through - or at least it feels to me- quite a few changes this year! Going through a season of changes and uncertainty I'm usually faced with a decision: trust in God's providence, put on faith and a good attitude, or worry, become anxious and irritable. It takes a good deal of work and constant focus to see the time of waiting as a blessing and it can only be done by the grace of Jesus! Though I haven't stayed on the path of trust and a joyful heart as much as I should have, God has taught me some things through this.
     Praise the Lord for family! Amen? God has placed me in the most incredible family, I am so abundantly blessed through them. I have two amazing, godly parents who work so hard to follow God's commands and teach His principles to us. I don't know of any other parents here on earth who love as my parents do. I don't say any of this to brag, but I am so thankful to God for my strong Christian siblings and parents that I'm brought to tears, and I'm not sure if I can help but give thanks! Every Christian has an amazing family. The Lord has adopted us into the church family, God is our Father and Christ our Brother!
     Praise the Lord He is faithful!, a Rock ever stable and safe. When everything changes: He stays there! Always the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow!




Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
     
   One of those "changes" (and this was just a minor one) was a diet change. We've been baking an awful lot of gluten free things! SquiRe is allergic to gluten and I've a few less "issues" if I stay away from gluten, but I'm not allergic. =) I usually try to eat with less gluten, but recently we've been making a lot more gluten free products because Sam was on a stricter diet.

This is DELICIOUS gluten free bread.

It is so great to cook yummy things for appreciative cuties!

Goldilocks helped me with triple-decker fractions yesterday. Jack graded her work!

Jack said she did great for a Kindergartner doing advanced mathematics!
    One change (again, a very minor change) is that since we have moved, we have seen much wildlife. We have many good pictures of creatures in our front yard. I will gladly put a post together for you, if you so wish. Aka comment!
     Jack is going to turn 2!! Aahh! I can't believe it. Can you believe it? I made him his birthday present, but gave it to him early. It is a frog beanie I knit. He will be having his birthday party soon, so if you wish to see a post on that... comment and say "If I don't have you married by tea time I'll eat my own bonnet beanie!*" or just tell us you'd like to see a post about Jack's 2nd birthday. =) Whichever.
Here is the top of froggy-Jack's hat.

Isn't HE ADORABLE!!!! *clears thought* Sorry.

Taken just today, this picture is of Goldilocks and I washing dishes and playing "Cinderella".
Goldilocks and I have played "Cinderella" every single day for the last week and a half!
And because we love to share quotes with you here on BBB....
Goldilocks: "Cinderella-Momo? When is the ball?"
Me: "It is tomorrow! Won't that be fun, Cinderella-Goldilocks?"
Goldilocks: "Oh yeah! Cinderella-Momo, will we take the magic carriage or the suburban?"
Me: "Probably, the suburban."
    Guess what, Cinderella-Blog-Reader? We -the Books, Ballet and Basketball family- will  be going to a ball tomorrow. A homeschool vintage ball. Goldi and I are so looking forward to it! I think it would make a pretty good post for BBB! But, not what I want to read, I will only post as you wish. Would like like to see pictures from a ball this Saturday? ...You know what to do!
     I hope you all have a marvelous Cinco De Mayo!
HIS and Yours,
Momo


P.S. This is going to sound rather familiar but comment if you'd like to see proof of existence (pictures) of our eldest sister.

*quote from Sense & Sensibility (but really, has anyone reading our blog NOT seen that?)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a wonderful post!

"If I don't have you married by tea time I'll eat my own 'beanie!'" *cheesy smile* We love that movie! Each of the three Dashwood girls so perfectly corresponds in personality with us (except that I'm not musical like Marianne)!

I'd love to see the wildlife - it's one of the most interesting things about different parts of the country.

And THE BALL! Of course we want to see pictures of it! Period dancing has become a great subject of interest around here.

I'd like to see more that just proof of existence of Miss Risa...I'd like to give her a hug and go for a long walk... but yes, pictures would be very nice. :)

And while I'm making a wishlist, I might as well mention that I'd love to hear more about how you've been changing your diet, the results, and what you've been learning.

But of course, I know that life consists of more than just pictures and blogposts... so whenever and whatever you are able to share would be a joy to read.

With much love...

Unknown said...

I would love to see pics of birthdays and your older sister.

Anonymous said...

I love to see the pictures of wildlife, birthdays and your own pictures of the ball. Can't wait to go through mine! I was nice spending time and dancing with you (and your family ;) the other night. Can't wait for your next visit :D

~Moriah

Sarah said...

We three sisters, from across the country, would love to see pics of the ball! Do post them! Oh and don't forget the wildlife!
You know what, just post some of everything, please? *heehee*
And, yes, I need some proof of existence that Risa hasn't disappeared. *grins* Give her a hug for me (Elisera) and tell her I said hi!
Love,
Elisera, Rhen, and Catlia