Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Our Super Bible Memorizer!

Yeah, that's right! He's an amazing brother. Believe it or not he actually asks us to teach him verses. The other day I said, "SquiRe, do you want to play Stratego"(Stratego is his favorite game) "or finish memorizing the 23rd Psalm?"
His reply: "Oh, I wanna do verses that way I can learn about God."
He is too cute.
Would you like to know what it is like helping a super-smart and adorable brother memorize verses? Well, here is how it went as he memorized the last verse of Psalm 23:
Me: Okay, this is the last verse. Are you ready?
SquiRe: *squeals* Eeeeeeee! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
Me: Okay, okay! Calm down. Say 'Surely goodness and mercy'
SquiRe: Surely goo- wait. Daddy says I'm supposed to know what all the verses mean before I memorize them so that what I need to do first. What do all those words mean?
Me: Well, surely just means really, or for sure.
SquiRe: Oh, 'cause surely sounds like for sure except it's surely.
Me: That's right. And goodness just means good things, like blessings and -
SquiRe: And obedience.
Me: Well, good things come when you obey the Good Shepherd but goodness just means good things.
SquiRe: Isn't obedience a good thing?
Me: *sighs* (This boy is too smart) ...and mercy is like-
SquiRe: Love?
Me: Umm... No 
SquiRe: Like peace?
Me: SquiRe, mercy is like forgiveness. Mercy is being kind even when we don't deserve it.
SquiRe: Oh like that story. [SquiRe gets on his knees] The man is like, 'Show me mercy! Please!' So he does. But then he goes to his other servant, [his hands are on his hips now] and the other servant needs mercy too but he just, ugh, no respect!
[He was speaking of the parable in Matthew 18:23-35]

That's right, he's adorable. So now you know a little of what it's like to be blessed with a sweet little brother like SquiRe. Now, go ahead, watch the video again.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The dialogue was too cute, but I couldn't watch the video. I do want to see it! Could you try to post it again or something?
Have a great day!
Love,
Elisera

Joshua1:9 said...

I'm so sorry. Thank you for pointing that out. I believe I've fixed it now.

~Momo

Michelle said...

I loved hearing him recite that Psalm! It's sweet to the soul to hear children delighting in God's Word! Great job, SquiRe!