- John Newton
Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:12-14
"...Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ..."
- Philippians 1:6
- Philippians 1:6
“Take a fresh draught of perspective, self.
See how the framework is grand.
Remember the times when you could have let go,
When all seemed to fail like the seeds you had sown,
But your Father was holding your hand.
Remember the days when invisible words
Flew the darkness away, and you wept.
And each salted glass tear was a mountain of fear
Leaving and melting and now there appears
A glimpse of the Lord’s promise, kept.
Don’t drown in shed tears for the past you knew
It’s different now that you look back.
The colors are marching through darkness you felt.
But each one is brighter for each sorrow dealt,
And their richness finds nothing to lack.”
.
- Grace Einkauf
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
"...Till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love." - Ephesians 4:13-16
"Yet the righteous will hold to his way,
And he who has clean hands will be stronger and stronger."
- Job 17:9
- Job 17:9
"But the path of the just is like the shining sun,
That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."
- Proverbs 4:18
- Proverbs 4:18
Though I am far -oh, so far!- from what I ought to be, so far from what I want to be, by the grace of God I can truly say, "I am not who I once was!"
Risa @};-





6 comments:
What a lovely selection of quotes and verses to remind me to live for Jesus, climbing ever onward and upward! I've read it three times already!
Thank you, dear Risa!
~Michelle
I'm so glad that you were encouraged by them!
I read the quote from John Newton on anther blog, and was inspired to continue the theme. Verses like 2 Cor 5:17 and Phil 1:6 are such a wonderful passages that never fail to reassure and encourage me as I press onward!
~Risa
I love this. Is it ok with you if I link to it from my blog?
Jordan Elizabeth
Oh, wow! Yes, you're welcome to.
~Risa
Post is up on my blog :)
And I can tell you lovely young women that at age 40 it's still about pressing on, still about falling short and not being what I wish I was, and still crying out daily for God's grace. The day you posted this we received 2 new foster children to further sanctify us! It's been hard and the road will not be easy for our family of 9, but we are confident that He who began a good work will be faithful to complete it...
thanks for posting such meaty good stuff!
--Jo's Mom (Heavenly Queen???? No, I'm a daughter of the King just like you :)
Post a Comment