This September, Squire R (our young knight-in-training) had his birthday. The usual cake-with-family was followed by a special visit to the zoo! I am a little tardy in posting but we actually remembered to bring our camera to the zoo, so I thought I should post about it anyway.
Say hello to the Squire's dream cake! Edible paper is so fun! Mom let Squire choose what he wanted on his cake. The request? A cowboy, a horse, and flowers. Mom had to make her own frosting flower but we were able to incorporate two of his favorite movie characters. :D
This is his VERY happy grin. Chocolate, cowboys, and loads of attention can do that to a boy. ;)
Forget cake and ice-cream! Baby Girl likes the pizza!

He was very excited about his gifts! Buzz Lightyear, Buzz blanket, Woody, money, a light-up ball . . .

And a cool suit of armor! He spent most of the evening slaying foul dragons that looked an awful lot like my cousins.
After get a good night's sleep curled up with his new Buzz blanket [Thanks, Nana!], it was off to the zoo!
After riding the extremely rare, solid-gold peacock, he took a ride on the train.
Then it was off to see the animals!
Monkeys are his favorite animals. This particular monkey made the craziest sounds!
This poor guy fell asleep while eating. There were plenty of other hungry animals to see . . .
While at the zoo, Squire bought a plastic alligator with the money he's been saving. [Mostly in the form of nickels and pennies. ;)] Dad and Mom think that we should visit the zoo more often. I had forgotten how fun it could be!
In other news . . .
OUR MOM IS PREGNANT!
That's right; Mom is expecting a baby! If all goes well, there will be an eighth mouth to feed at our house in approximately 33 weeks. My parents were reading a baby book and learned the he or she is now about the size of a small grape. Mom commented that it is surprising how something so small can throw her whole body out of whack! We are all very excited and rather surprised about this pregnancy. Please keep us in your prayers as we go through this amazing and somewhat uncomfortable [for Mom] process!
~ Risa










3 comments:
What a lovely post, Risa! It's great to see more pictures. And I love the profile ones on the right! As I said before, I am so excited for you and your family as you anticipate the arrival of another little one.
Love,
Michelle
Tell Squire R Happy belated Birthday!
Sounds like you had a fun time at the zoo!!! I don't remember ever going to a zoo, but I've always wanted to.
Congratulations on your new brother/sister!!!
Lady L
Thank-you very much for your comments! I'm glad that you like the pictures. Sam has been asking to post our pictures for weeks. :)
Risa
Post a Comment