For now, I would like to share with you some advice that I've gleaned from my family. There may be repetitions of this, so please leave a comment if you would, or would not, like to see a post like this again.
A List of Helpful (More or Less) and Somewhat Random Advice from the "Books, Ballet, and Basketball" Family:
1. A penny saved is a penny that will soon be lost in an unknown pocket, never to be found again. ~ Risa
2. If you ever want to know how to spell a word, don't ask a mom. She'll just tell you to use a dictonary. ~ Sam
3. Never, ever, open a packet of Diablo Hot Sauce with your mouth. ~ Momo
4. Bah! ~ Baby Girl*
*Translation: If your desire is for your ear drums to remain intact, you should surrender to me your cellphone, that pencil, and any food that is within reach.
5. If you make good choices, you get ice cream. But if you not make good choices, you not get ice cream. ~ Little R
6. Don't let fear keep you from doing anything. Satan is the one who wants you to fear; God has given us a spirit of confidence. When you let fear rule you, you're giving Satan power. ~ Mom
7. Deception is addictive. Deception for a good cause is its most dangerous form. ~ Risa
8. The things you're always talking about, the things you get your pleasure out of, that's where your heart will be. You don't ever want to make money, or popularity, or the things this in this world what's important to you because in the end they are of no importance. GOD has to be the most important thing, the thing you focus on! ~ Dad
9. If you use the restroom with a skirt on, check to make sure it isn't tucked into your shorts before you leave the stall. ~ Mom
10. Saying "I can't" turns the brain off; never underestimate the power of negative thinking. ~ Mom
~ Risa
4 comments:
Neat-O! Loved it, dear Risa! :D The one by "Little R" was so cute... it reminds me of my mom's rule concerning dessert and finishing your veggies at dinner!
I for one, would be very happy to see more variations of this, and might even steal the idea myself with your permission!
~Michelle~
It's nice to "hear" from you again!!!
I really like 1, 2 and 3!!!!! They are all good advice.
I hope you post again soon!!!
Growing in my Father's love,
~Lady L~
Those are all really good advice! I think more like them would be neat!
~Le
I am glad to hear that you three enjoyed the advice! You are welcome to copy the idea for your blog, Michelle; I would love to read some advice from your family!
Thank-you for the comments! :)
Risa
Post a Comment